I am a huge fan of no bake cookies, the first one I mentioned were the Swedish Chocolate Balls that I used to make as a kid. This batch I got from The Brown Eyed Baker who recommended this for those moments when you are desperately craving something sweet and chocolaty but don’t have a lot of patience. I can tell you that this will solve that craving and warning these are addictive.
I even had a few spoonfuls before they could set, so that is a warning to you, you will eat some out of the bowl.
And if you have kids I am sure they will love to make this with you, just like the Swedish Chocolate balls.
These could not be easier to make and the original name of these are Cow Patties, I don’t think I have to tell you why.
What kind of no-bake cookies do you make?
No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies (Cow Patties)
Yield: 2 to 3 dozen cookies | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooling Time: 30 minutes
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned cooking oats
- Add the first four ingredients, butter, sugar, milk and coco powder to a 4-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the oats.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Let cool until set.