How many of you challenge yourself to do something and then within a few days, the challenge goes sour? Well, I challenged myself to exercise 30 minutes a day for 21 days. I started off doing great, but within a few days, I exercised less and less. Am I a failure?
I am only a failure when I give up, and I have not given up. I want success in this area of my life and I will conquer the couch potato syndrome, one day at a time. How will I stick with exercising for 21 days. Well, first I must visualize myself exercising everyday and see myself completing this challenge.
To some of you, I failed in my 21 day challenge, but let’s look at in another way. It gives me time to re-group, take note of my distractions and plan accordingly.
Today, you will learn 8 ways that will help you be a healthy success. And being a healthy success, does not always mean losing weight. As you can see, I want to stop being a couch potato and exercise everyday.
1. Do not give up. You will never know if you will succeed if you throw up your hands and surrender. You must hold on and do whatever you must do, to reach success. I could have given up while working on my graduate degree, but I kept pushing.
2. Be positive. Easier said than done, huh? But you must always stay positive and believe in yourself. Your success depends on it. Positive thoughts and actions brings about positive results, which leads to your being successful. Don’t let another day go by without being positive.
3. Learn all you can. How will you be a success in any area of your life, let alone be a healthy success, if you don’t have a clue where to begin. I remember when I wanted to become a vegetarian. I had no clue how I would do it. Whenever I had spare time, I was reading everything I could get my hands on so I could succeed at being a vegetarian. Whatever it is, make sure you learn all you can.
4. Read success stories and testimonies. There is nothing more inspiring and motivating than learning how someone else achieved success. I don’t know about you, but success stories put fire under your butt, so much so, that you will do whatever it takes to make your success become reality. Don’t ever push these stories aside, take them to heart and apply those lessons to your own life.
5. Be accountable to a family member of a close friend. You probably think that accountability is impossible, but it does work. It works well if you have someone who will not go easy on you. Select your accountability partner wisely, because you want success and this person must be one who will hold you accountable. Don’t get upset with them when they are being hard on you, just grin and bear it.
6. Watch videos on YouTube. Yes, I am sending you to You Tube. You can find people on You Tube challenging themselves to change things in their lives and they are brave enough to share it with the world. Here’s another example: I get inspired to exercise after watching others exercise. It is usually a challenge for them to do what they are doing and I think to myself, “if they can do it, surely I can do it.”
7. Visualize your success. If you can see yourself doing those exercises, then you will exercise. Visualizing your success is very powerful. Let’s travel back in time to when I was a graduate student, contemplating giving up. Each time I ran my laboratory experiment for my thesis research, it was a fail. One day the experiment worked. Why? Because I visualized success and of course I prayed a lot.
8. Go where your success is. If you want to eat healthier, then connect with those who are eating healthy. This will give you the motivation you need to succeed. If you want to exercise on a regular basis, then get with others who are successful in this area. I think you know where I am going with this. Rub elbows with those who are successful. They don’t have to tell you how they achieved their success, just observe how they do things and pretty soon, you will learn their keys to success.
Question to Ponder
What are you working on and how will you be a success? It doesn’t matter if it is small or big, everyone wants to achieve success. Remember you can, because you will!