Do you or someone you know have superior burger building skills? Think you can beat my recipe below?
If so, you (or they) could win a year’s worth of groceries from Walmart. And if you leave a comment below, you could win FIVE FREE 32 oz. packages (that’s 30 burgers) of the brand new Johnsonville Pork Burgers: Mild Italian Sausage or Bratwurst. Eat them all this summer or spread them out into the fall. They’re delicious.
Trust me, this is No Ordinary Burger.
What’s this about?
This is part of a promotion by Johnsonville and The Pork Board to get the word out a out the brand new pork burgers. And let me tell you – they are AWESOME. I won’t eat regular Italian Sausage. I don’t know, just doesn’t work for me. But when I made my recipe for this promo and tried the Italian Sausage burger – look. out. I don’t know if I can appreciate a beef burger in the same way now.
The Big Giveaway
The BIG giveaway is taking place over at Johnsonville. If you can build an awesome burger, you could win groceries from Super Walmart for a year. A YEAR. I’m not eligible to enter the contest, so you don’t have to be afraid of my freaking fantastic Apple Bacon BBQ Relish burger recipe below.
The two winners will also have their recipes featured on the boxes of the burgers. Food bloggers: this is your chance!
I know you foodies and food bloggers can do this – and if you enter, you have the full support of bizchickblogs and I will surely talk about your recipe and get everyone I can to vote for you.
Be sure to vote for your favorite recipes (or get people to vote for yours)!
The bizchickblogs Giveaway
Fine(ish) Print: I was given 2 coupons for totally free Johnsonville pork burger boxes (even the cashier at Walmart said, “Wow, that’s a good deal.”) I was also given some other things to make this promo happen (like, a grill, grilling supplies, oven mitt, apron, an instant read meat thermometer, and a $25 gift card to Walmart).
Big Print: Johnsonville has graciously allowed me to give away TEN coupons for totally free Johnsonville pork burger boxes (32 oz boxes, 6 burgers to a box). I can’t wait to give these out. I’m giving them away to TWO readers – five coupons each.
Win them for yourself – or, think about this: perhaps win them for your church or a local non-profit or a family you know who could use a surprise in the mail. Just a thought. You’ll get the coupons to do with them what you want.
DEADLINE: Leave your comment by Friday, July 29.
How to WIN in the bizchickblogs Giveaway
1. Required: Leave a comment below telling me what you think about the recipe I created. Would you eat this burger? Why or why not?
3. Double entry if you participate in the Johnsonville Giveaway and create your own No Ordinary Burger recipe.
Here’s the recipe. Enjoy! I did.
Italian Sausage Burger with Apple Bacon BBQ Relish
- Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Burgers (do not thaw)
- Whole wheat hamburger buns
Relish (measurements are not exact)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Granny Smith raw apple (peeled)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped crispy bacon
- 2-3 tbsp hickory flavored BBQ sauce (I used Kraft)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grilled pineapple as a side
- Grilled sliced red pepper for the burger
- Grill burgers according to package directions. Make sure the internal temperature of the meat is 160 degrees or higher.
- Combine relish ingredients in a small bowl. Taste. Add salt & pepper as desired.
- Top burger with two heaping spoonfuls of relish and a slice of grilled red pepper.
- Enjoy the burger with some grilled pineapple.
Eat this burger slowly because the flavors of everything from the meat to the relish are really intense and you don’t want to get heartburn. Then, brush your teeth before getting too close to anyone.
Trackback URL for this post: http://www.bizchickblogs.com/2011/07/beat-this-italian-sausage-burger-with-apple-bacon-bbq-relish-giveaway.html/trackback/