Wow. I remember when my mom was getting us ready to go back to school in the fall. Clothes everywhere. Trips to JCPenney. The smell of new sneakers and tights (yes, I wore tights) and patent leather. I remember one year when I was really stuck on wearing those weird saddle shoes – I just had to have them. I don’t even think they were in style when I wanted them. I was just… weird.
A friend of mine posted something on Facebook about getting her kindergartner ready for school and doing it on the cheap. Thankfully, my son is only 3 1/2, but still, I worry about the rising costs of getting everything together. Backpacks, supplies, clothes, shoes, cheerleading uniforms, football pads – everything costs money. And these days, they cost more money than they used to.
There are a few ways to save, though. Shopping around is one of them and shopping around for coupons and savings is probably the best way. Lately, I won’t pay full price for anything (except that book I just reviewed a couple of days ago). But I digress…
I went to http://www.savings.com and found some really cool deals I wanted to share with you. I wish this site was around when my mom was shopping for all of us. I remember that it was a time of year that was a bit of a struggle financially. I’m sure it’s that way for every large family. Thankfully, there are a lot of great ways to save on this site, and the deals are posted by users, so it’s sort of this big community of people wanting to save. Coupons have absolutely weathered the test of time and will continue to do so. If you can get a deal on something, DO!
There are deals on everything from laptops (see my list below) to of course clothes and supplies. But there are also deals on flights – something to consider if your kids are now going off to college. And, if you’re the type who shops for yourself during back to school, too (aren’t we all?) then you’ll be happy about the rest of the deals you will find.
Below are the back to school specific deals I found that you’ll probably be interested in. Just copy and paste what I have down there into the search box and find the deal, but most of these deals are time-sensitive so check them out to get them while they’re still around.
Good luck during Back to School season this year. And please do not go broke!
- $10 off orders of $50 with Old Navy Newsletter Sign-up!
- 10% Site-wide at JCPenney
- Crocs.com – Free shipping on your entire order
- 30% off entire order at the GAP
- OnlineShoes – 10% off regular priced shoes + free shipping
- $15 discount on orders of $75 or more with GAP Newsletter sign up
- $20 off kids apparel on purchases of $100 or more PLUS free shipping at Macy’s
- 10% on orders of $50 or more at Kmart – Online only
- 15% off your entire order at The Children’s Place
- 20% off your entire order at Discount School Supply
- Students and Teachers get $50-200 off a new Mac + Free $100 App Store Card
- 20% off + Free Shipping from The Limited
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Savings.com. All opinions are 100% mine.
Trackback URL for this post: http://www.bizchickblogs.com/2011/07/dont-go-broke-during-back-to-school.html/trackback/