Now that Summer is officially over, why not start planning a Fall getaway weekend? No better place to travel in October than Martha’s Vineyard, specially on October 14th through 16th, because their 5th Annual Food and Wine Festival will be underway!
If you’ve never been to the Vineyard, let me tell you a little about it. It’s an island well-known for it’s gorgeous beaches, picturesque towns, white picket fences and amazing seafood (specially their lobster rolls!) Approximately two and a half hours from Boston, you’ll need to either fly in from Boston or take the Steamship Authority Ferry. You’ll step onto a magical island, one that is there to make your wishes come true.
Now, imagine all that and a Food and Wine Festival! This year’s festival has rounded up the best chefs in Massachusetts and the Islands, as well as special Food Network Chopped Champion, Chef Ric Orland. Here are some of the tastings and demonstrations you’ll be able to partake in:
- Opening Reception – Sweet Chefs & Cocktails
- Burgers and Bourdeux – Presented by Jonathon Alsop, Founder & Executive Director, Boston Wine School
- Sake 101 and Unexpected Food Pairings – Presented by Nancy Cushman, o ya Boston, Sake Sommelier and Co-proprietor
- Italian Island Wines – Sicily and Sardegna Presented by Domenic Giammarco, Division Manager Northeast, Palm Bay International
- Instructional Cooking Class – With Chef Dante deMagistris Executive Chef and Co-Owner Restaurant dante in Cambridge
Wondering where you’ll stay? A great option is the Harbor View Hotel, in the heart of Edgartown. Flanked by historical homes, you’ll enjoy breakfast in the deck overlooking the lighthouse, have a quiet stroll through downtown or enjoy any of the amenities offered.
To find out more about the Martha’s Vineyard Food and Wine Festival:
Trackback URL for this post: http://www.bizchickblogs.com/2011/09/upcoming-event-marthas-vineyard-food-and-wine-fest.html/trackback/